The Adventures of a Part Time Professional Gypsy (and her ginormous teddy thing)

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ted Talks


Well, it's about time Adeena finally let me say something! Jeepers!! - I get lugged around the freaking planet for four and a half years and dragged through all sorts of shit being tied to bicycles and motorbikes and yachts and then she goes and shares her side of the near death experience (because lets be honest, every adventure has a near death experience) seeing some positive light and being all optimistic about our failed suicide attempts that I tried to talk her out of... what the flip?

Central Coast, Australia

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

Somewhere, Vietnam

Martinique

Colon, Panama

No, I think the only reason she keeps me around is because nobody else is stupid enough to venture out with her. Don't get me wrong, she really is a lovely girl; but she's clearly flipping unlucky, or got terrible karma, or something!
I mean, how many people do you know who have been shipwrecked and marooned on a desert island, been attacked by both dogs and pirates, fallen into a volcano, had far too close for comfort unplanned encounters with sharks and lions and komodo dragons and molestorisers and a leopard and cassowaries, been involved in 8 motorbike and 9 bicycle crashes, lost their rigging and got stuck at sea for months...!? The answer I'm sure you'll agree is one: Adeena.
Actually, I'll be honest - the only reason I stick around is because I can't run away - my legs are stuffed!

You don't have to look hard to see how I've deteriorated over the years
No, I really don't get it! She's on this big mission to flightlessly travel from Australia to Spain and after 5 years and a month, she's 3944 km further away than she was when she started.
Yes, okay I'll give her credit - she's gotten close - she's dragged me through some 27 countries and we've been around the world once, but how do you just miss Spain? It's right in the middle!

And don't even get me started on accommodation!
Adeena's happy to sleep in a cave or on a beach, or in a weed plantation, or a cinema, or restaurant, or on a strangers floor - but that's only because I'm her freaking pillow. Give me a night at the Hilton for once?? Although they probably won't let her in - she doesn't have shoes.

A bar in Malaysia

On a stranger's floor in Lankawi when she lost me for 3 days.
This is not okay!

Yes this looks like an ideal setting, but after the sun disappeared, this transformed into a bed for the night.

Adeena's definition of luxury accommodation: camping

Yes she got me my own passport - but I know they're thinking it every time I walk through border control- "Wonder what he's laced with?" - Right? No normal grown up carries a teddy my size with them unless they're up to no good. Do you know what it's like to be scanned and dogged and constantly probed by weird men and hairy ladies in uniforms?
And on that note too - it's thanks to her that I've had so many run ins with the law and it's upholders.


Orange isn't even my colour!

Okay, it's not all bad.
I've seen and experienced some amazing things that most people can only dream of.
And being the cute furry co-gypsy has some perks









I'm not normally into men, but I'll tolerate this kind of thing
No, it's a hard life being the side-kick; but Adeena promises that this year will be different!
It's only January and she has already locked in 2 flights (which is a lot for someone who doesn't fly), a bicycle tour, a family reunion, and a shower.
She's even talking about finishing both her circumnavigation and this crazy mission to Spain.
It might actually be a good year.
No, stuff that, it's going to be freaking fantastic! 

1 comment:

  1. looks like the new year celebration s on going for you

    ReplyDelete